Subject: [Leica] 50 mm lenses
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Wed May 24 06:34:06 2006

At 09:47 PM 5/23/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Lee,
>
>I've flown many hours in Tri-Pacers.  The paint job resembles the 1956-57
>era.  Its good to see one of the old birds still getting tender, loving
>care.
>
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA

Jim, John and William,
         Indeed it is a tri-pacer.  Jack flies it as far as Oklahoma.  I
have only flown a tri-pacer a couple of times.  Dave flies a Pacer.  A
reference which might be of interest is the "short wing piper club".  The
tri-pacer entered production in 1951, only two years before my "new"
Summicron.  The Summicron is definitely not in the same league as the new
Summilux-ASPH.  As I said, after the arrival of the Summilux my Summicron
from 1991 has languished. The old lens is a thing of beauty and does fit my
IIIf and may even be as good as the 3.5 Elmar for most of the photos I
shoot with that camera.  I like old things and people.  As I said some time
ago, I really like William's photos from the Aero-Space museum.
Lee

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 50 mm lenses)