Subject: [Leica] Re: (OT) digital recorder + wireless microphone? (Eric)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Tue May 23 09:28:02 2006

> The idea behind "binaural" recording technique (included in the other
> link) makes the necessity for more tracks less obligatory.
>
> Daniel
I've been recording opera performances last thirty years from cassettes,
minidisc,  DAT and right now solid state CF recorders. I bought this
M-audio gear but I'm not regularly using it as it's not very easy to be
sure and check you are recording OK. I've got problems too with the
Marantz CF recorder PMD 650 -due to cards strange behaviors- and I
finally came back to the old Sony TCD-D10 Pro that can be found as a
bargain in E**y. I know dats will be out very soon but it works
flawlessly and has not any kind of "specific computer"  problems it's
just a tape recorder. Binaural recording are possible and excellent just
clipping two tiny High End Len Moskowitz Core Sound micros on your glasses.

Regards.

Felix.