Subject: [Leica] New Pentax DSLR
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon May 22 20:25:10 2006

Thanks for the heads-up, Jeffery.  I'll be looking for it.  I'm not buying
anything yet.  Just bought a new p/s Canon A610 to replace my broken A70 and
am *real* happy with the imaging.  It's even quite usable at ISO 400, and
what noise there is looks more like grain than digital noise as we have
known it in past p/s models.  In the meantime I can always borrow Juliet's
istDL.  I've been using it with a legacy 28mm f/2.8 lens that works out to
42mm on the APS sensor.  Good combo IMO.  Also, that little 40mm pancake
lens makes a great 60, and the 50mm 1.7 becomes a 75.  Sweet!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE