Subject: [Leica] An unscientific comparison, Leica R8 and Pentax isDS
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun May 21 05:12:47 2006

Hi Slobodan:

I don't see that much of a difference myself, but am very aware that
others do. Perhaps folks are just seeing the difference between images
produced by a sensor versus those produced by film.

At one time I had wanted to buy the Digital Module for the R8, but after
18 months of using the isDS, I can't justify it, nor do I have a
discretional $6,000 for it, unless I sell my home.  ;-)

The big difference to me is the immediacy of having a digital which
makes photos that are very comparable to that of my film cameras... and
to me, being able to hold the slides in my hand and being able to store
them without worrying about disk failures.

Jim, "I shot them for the hell of it, not to make a statement about
either" Hemenway

Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] An unscientific comparison, Leica R8 and Pentax isDS)