Subject: [Leica] Pentax DSLR follow-up
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon May 15 21:26:05 2006

For those here who commented on my daughter Juliet's new Pentax DSLR a
couple of weeks ago, there's a little follow-up story that might be
interesting.  The pictures of her that I posted to Smugmug (taken with the
Pentax) found their way to photographer Joel-Peter Witkin, who called me
last week to ask if she would be interested in posing for a fashion shoot
commissioned by the NY Times Magazine for publication in the fall.  She was,
and they are planning a shoot for May 23.  Pretty exciting for her, and
she'll make a few bucks to boot.  The Smugmug pictures start here:
http://tinyurl.com/zj6l6

Then right after that, Rolling Stones Magazine published their 1000th issue
and their online edition listed the editors' pick for the best songs of each
of the 40 years since the magazine's first issue in 1967.  Their 1999 pick
was a song Juliet wrote and performed for her now defunct band "The
Rondelles."  That was a *big* surprise, since probably less than .01
perecent of the RS readership has ever heard of the band, let along that
song ("Shanghai Surprise").  I have no explanation, other than that one of
the editors was possibly a Rondelles fan back in the day.  Juliet wrote the
song in her high school history class, so if your teenager seems bored with
it all and daydreams of rock stardom during class, it just might work out
fine after all.  The RS list is here:   http://tinyurl.com/zh6rm

I'm posting to both the LUG and the Rollei group, so apologies if you get it
twice.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE