Subject: [Leica] Do I want a 35 'lux?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon May 15 16:47:32 2006

I ran a test some months / years ago....the lenses were the 35 Lux, Cron (
3rd Generation), and ASPH Lux .

The  ASPH lens was best.  The 2 Pre ASPH were different... the Cron was more
or less close to the ASPH Lux.  The pre-ASPH Lux was
the poorest performer.  Tests were done wide open, of a scenic with the
camera on a tripod.  It was not hard to distinguish the 2
Lux lenses....

I did not test in any way for flare.

If you check the archives, you may find my report on the lenses....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net