Subject: [Leica] Congratulations Tina!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun May 14 17:20:50 2006

At 06:49 PM 5/14/2006, you wrote:
>Tina- Nice image!  Out of curiosity - what is the stock house's cut?
>Stasys

Hi, Staysys -

Normally, Alamy takes 30% with the contract that I have with them;
however, this sale was made through a distributor, which is common
for sales to countries other than USA and Europe.  With distribution
sales, Alamy takes 15% and the distributor gets 40%, which leaves 45%
for me.  That's fine with me since it's a sale I would never have
made on my own.  For stock these days, Alamy's rates are very, very
good.  Getty, Corbis, and some of the other big ones have cut the
photographer's rate to 20%.  You either go along or you don't get
included and there are far more stock photographers today than there
are markets.  The photographers who do the normal type stock work -
lifestyle and business - two businessmen shaking hands in front of
venetian blinds, the happy senior couple walking on the beach, young
professionals laughing with their cell phones - are really
hurting.  The only way to succeed in stock these days, as far as I
know, is to be unique and refuse to give in to Royalty Free or the
grab-all agencies.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com