Subject: [Leica] Scanning software
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun May 14 13:48:11 2006

I totally agree with you Adam... that's why I set the Leafscan to
maximum range and then do my processing of the image in CS2.

My Epson 11x17 800 spi scanner, the one I use for the 11x14 Eltachromes,
is so old that Epson doesn't supply drivers for the last few versions of
OS X.  So I have use Vuescan with it and scan without setting the white
or black points and then work on it in CS2.

Except for focusing and multipasses, I don't know of any scanner
software which actually changes or effects the scanning process itself.
All that they do is work on the resulting scanned image... To me they're
just a poor man's Photoshop.

Jim

Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] B&W analog-digital workflow)