Subject: [Leica] Big Stock Sale
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri May 12 15:31:20 2006

At 06:23 PM 5/12/2006, you wrote:
>All RIGHT!!!!!
>
>VERY nice shot.  Any idea what they'll be using it FOR?

The usage says:
Country: China
Usage: Advertising/Promotion
Media: Advertorial
Industry: Financial Industry
Sub-Industry: Banking
Print run: up to 1 million
Insert: 10
Placement: Front Cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 12 May 2006
End: 12 May 2008

Which kind of means that they are going to use it for advertising on
the front page and up to 10 inserts of a publication that will be
printed in an edition of up to 1 million copies.  Who knows!  I hope
it's the Bank of China.  They have lots of money.  They've bought the
right to use it from 2006 to 2008 but it's not exclusive so I can
still sell the same photo elsewhere.  And it's not Royalty Free which
would give them the right to use it forever in any way they want.  RF
is the curse of stock photographers.  I would never sell anything
RF.  All of mine are sold Rights Managed, Rights Protected, or
Licensed.  Keep your eyes out for the photo in China!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Big Stock Sale)