Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed May 10 15:38:33 2006

What drove me ultimately to the 75/1.4 was the images I recently got using
digital to photograph a musical at the college. Of course, the digicams I
used had zooms that were pretty slow. So I had to use the highest ISO
rating. That led to noise suppression software kicking in. The results were
some nice snapshots that turned to mush and smears when enlarged. I could
have done much better with a 75/1.4 stopped down to 2.0 with Fuji 800 or
that new 1600.

By the way, KEH shipped my lens today, and it should be here on Friday.
That's great, as I'm one week behind in PAWs.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Marc sed:

I tote that 1.4/75 Summilux-M around with me frequently and it is a useful
lens, especially when shooting Jazz performers in dusky venues in the shank
of the night.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions)