Subject: [Leica] 50 'lux asph M regrets?
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed May 10 12:13:34 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Eric Korenman wrote:

> It was my first lens and has been my best performer.

My very first Leica lens was the Summicron-M 50 collapsible.  I
bought it on *bay, really not knowing what to look for, and I bought
it on the cheap.  As it happened, it was very stiff focus, but the
glass was clean.  I took it to a camera store and asked if they could
CLA it, again not knowing who to send it to.  They sent it off to a
"local repairman" as they put it, and when it came back, it was
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  I still don't know who the repairman was, but he did
an amazing job.

It remains my favorite, on my M3.  Here's the shots with it, and of it:

http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

#4 and #5
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn