Subject: [Leica] B&W Conversion options
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed May 10 08:11:33 2006

Hi Bob,
I tried two - rgb2gray and BW converter (photoplugins), both are free,
both work very well but the interface for rgb2grey is a bit primitive
and tiny.
With BW converter you get the option of filtering in red yellow blue
green cyan and magenta channels + gamma correction + 5 film type presets
2 prestes for photoshop and linear filtering,
a grain control, color filtering and a toner control, you can also save
your preferences (if you find any). The display is zoomable and a left
mouse click is used to switch between BW and colour.
Disadvantages: it only works on 8-bit and only in Gatesware (not on a
Granny Smith machine)
Find it at www.photo-plugins.com (their other stuff is good too - and
just as free)

Douglas