Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Wed May 10 01:41:51 2006

You're absolutely right, Marc - one size does not fit all. For me,
rangefinders aren't my first choice most of the time, and when I do go for
the Leica, I mainly look to it for wideangles. So the only tele I have that
fits is the C/V 90mm - a lovely compact lens that made economic sense for
occasional use. I do have both 85mm f2 and 135mm f4 Jupiters for my
Contax/Kiev outfit, and indeed the 85mm is more or less permanently attached
to my IIIa, but I use it rarely. However, for SLR use, I love my Zeiss 85mm
f1.4 and 135mm f2.8, and Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, 200mm f2.8 and 300mm f4 -
for me, SLRs are the tools of choice for tele work, rangefinders for
wideangle. But that's me, and why should that apply to anyone else?

Nick