Subject: [Leica] PAW 18 - I really should stick to my promises!!
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon May 8 06:48:07 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Arche, Harvey wrote:

> Color, for some reason, is something I just don't respond to;
> show me B&W and color versions of the same image, and 99 times out of
> 100 I'll prefer the B&W, especially in my own work.

Ditto for me.  My artist friend Harriet and I have this discussion
frequently, since I "see" in b&w and she "sees" in color.  We painted
her studio/gallery space this past weekend, and she had chosen a
color for the main gallery wall that she said "she had imagined."  It
was a shade of turquoise blue I would never have imagined, but she
was right.  It worked.

I guess I have a question, then.  Is the perception of varying shades
and hues a learned thing, or are we hard wired for it?

Peter, I really like the tulips shot because I respond to shape and
texture, depth of field, etc., but almost never respond to color.

Go figure......

I'm getting better at buying clothes, though.....   :-)

Peace,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn