Subject: [Leica] stand-alone DNG storage
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu May 4 17:10:29 2006

Don,

I wondered about this, too, when I was looking for a device.  In the end I
wasn't convinced that checking a few photos on the screen would confirm
that ALL my photos were copied any better than the:

"Advanced 24-bit Hardware Based ECC Data Verification--Bitwise Error
Correction Coding ensures all data are successfully transferred and stored
on the hard disk"

that the HD80 advertised.  Especially given the price, speed, battery
advantages of the HD80.

I think the best solution would be an Epson or Jobo unit to allow you to
look and share your photos (if you liked) AND an HD80 unit...that way you'd
have TWO copies of each photo on TWO separate devices.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] stand-alone DNG storage)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] stand-alone DNG storage)