Subject: [Leica] '59 US Gran Prix, Sebring
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Tue May 2 16:32:43 2006

The first US Gran Prix run since WW I . Financially a flop, and never
repeated at this track. The rear engine Cooper-Climax cars are spelling the
end of front engined racers; Jack Brabham clinches the Driver's Championship
by finishing 4th, pushing his broken car across the line. Stirling Moss wins
the pole with a track record time, but does not finish. The race is won by
the youngest driver ever to do so, Bruce McLaren.
Eight shoots following this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album406/two_ferraris
If anyone can ID the bystanders in any shots, please let me know.
Many Thanks,
Arche