Subject: [Leica] A close call to be sure
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 2 06:41:05 2006

In a message dated 5/1/2006 10:10:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:
THEN make sure that all the devices that are plugged into your
computer are plugged into the MG-set's protected power - otherwise the
energy can come in from peripherals.

Here in California there's not a lot of lightning - at least not in
the Central Valley - and our main source of power interruption comes
from wind-related issues. But if I lived along the Gulf Coast or in
the tornado allys, I'd go that route.

Actually none of this will work without a good ground system.  The third
post
in all wall plugs us nothing more than a safety ground.  If the whole house
protector does not have a good earth ground it is no better than the plug in
units the computer stores sell.  I have seen plenty of these house systems
installed with no ground connection what so ever.

Gene