Subject: [Leica] Chernobyl Legacy
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Apr 30 11:21:38 2006

At 07:58 PM 4/30/06 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Marc James Small wrote:
>>  The bad news for Sweden, a nation of appallingly arrogant insistence that
>> it had no dog in the Cold War fight, was that the winds briefly blew from
>> Chernobyl to Sweden.  Couldn't have happened to a better target.
>Mark, please take this racist garbage off list. Write in on your toilet
>wall if you must.

How is this "racist", Nathan?  It may well be insensitive, but it is hardly
racist.  I am only stating the obvious:  Sweden sanctimoniously lectured
the NATO nations for years about how the USSR posed to threat whatsoever to
the West, that they were leading lights in developing a humane and caring
society, und so weiter.  It is ironic that a substantial part of the
fall-out from Chernobyl fell on Sweden.  Even THE ECONOMIST commented to
that effect at the time it occurred.

Now, again, how is this "racist"?  Or, perhaps, what dictionary are you
using as your reference book?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!