Subject: [Leica] Re: Photography - a serious art form anymore?
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sun Apr 30 08:17:44 2006

B.D.,

Unfortunately, It  seems very difficult to separate the art from the
horse poo. I've always believed  artwork works when communication takes
place, in what Jung might call the collective unconscious.When a person
captures his/her feeling about something well enough for others to
understand, it becomes worthwhile.If that same person has talent then
what they say might have lasting value. Antiquity must be overfilled
with the bones of artists who made art but lacked some essential ability
to communicate. .One difference between painting, sculpture, music and
photography is very obvious. In those mediums the creators waste little
if any time discussing pigments, brush lengths, mixing mud or who makes
their violin strings. I almost doubt photography will every reach that
stage.

Walt