Subject: [Leica] Non Picture of the Week
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sat Apr 29 15:50:09 2006

Actually, when all's said it's about 1000 pictures, assuming about 12 feet
of film, with 80 frames per foot.

Just out today with my trusty Bolex D8L (the M3 of 8mm movie cameras)
finishing a roll of film begun at the Carlisle (PA) antique car show.  As I
wandered by the Fairmount Park water works, I shot the usual stuff: boaters
on the Schuylkill River, rock climbers at the museum, a group of people
riding Segways.

A little while later, I caught an impromptu wedding.  It was the perfect
size: bride, groom, minister and two witnesses.  They found a sunny spot
near the waterfalls.  I wound up the Bolex and shot the short ceremony on
b/w 8mm film.  The party seemed surprised that someone showed up with a
camera (though one of the witnesses has some digital thingie.)  As those of
you who know me are aware, I was not shy about moving in for a close-up or
two.

Afterwards, we exchanged cards for wedding movies.

If there's any interest here, I suppose I could post the converted
film-to-dvd (promised them a DVD conversion) to YouTube.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Non Picture of the Week)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Non Picture of the Week)