Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 15
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Apr 27 07:26:03 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 3:04 AM, Gerald wrote:

> This summer one of my classes is photo journalism, and I'm wanting to
> shoot images a bit "old school", or retro style, just to be
> different.  Already decided I'm using the M6 and I'm going to use
> Pyro to develop (everybody else is shooting digi), but I was curious
> if anybody had recommendations for an old style thick emulsion, high
> silver content film as well as a paper and paper developer that will
> have a similar feel to it.  I was thinking maybe ADOX paper and maybe
> the JandC Classic Pan 400 film, no idea yet for paper developer other
> than to stick with dektol, but I'm definitely open to any and all
> suggestions.
>
> Any and all input is gladly welcomed.

Forget the M6. Borrow a 4x5 Speed Graphic and shoot with a camera
mounted flashbulb. Develop your Super X sheet film in D-72. Print on
Kodabromide #2 or #3 from a wet negative. That's the way we and most
big city newspaper photographers did it in the '50s. That's the way
WeeGee did it. That's the way Margaret Bourke White did it. In the
macho USA only magazine wimps used Leicas and Rolleis.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from kd7olf at xmission.com (Gerald Homeyer) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 15)