Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Apr 26 21:20:23 2006

At 10:03 PM 4/26/06 -0600, GREG LORENZO wrote:
>Marc James Small writes in part
>

>> I'd slap a $5 a gallon tax on gasoline imported from outside the
>> US, open ANWR, and start pumping natural gas from the Florida coastal
>> waters.
>
>Mark,
>
>How is additional natural gas going to help this situation?

You must live in Florida.  Natural gas is the most common means of heating
homes in the US, and the prices for this have almost doubled over the past
two years.  Our local gas company no longer cuts off delinquent accounts,
so frequent are the defaults due to inability to pay.  I just paid out
$1,500 for two months at my house and $400 for two months at my office.
That is a LOT bigger a kick in the pants to a lot of us than is $3 a gallon
gas.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!