Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 07:00:29 2006

In a message dated 4/22/2006 10:14:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
pklein@2alpha.net writes:
The first SLR I tried was a friend's Mamiya-Sekor 500 TL (or was it
DTL?).,I used it for a couple of months.  It took decent pictures, but
seismographs all over New England trembled every time I pressed the shutter.

So I must admit to a bit of sentiment for Mamiya, too.

I first used the 500DTL, as i remember, and yes it was a noisy monster.  I
then went out and bought a Nikkormat FTn.  Still noisey as hell but much
nicer.
Then I moved up to a Nikon F w/o meter, much quieter and a real dream, once
you got used tothe removable back.  ;-)

Gene