Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Apr 22 15:12:38 2006

The one thing I totally agree with you on, Jeffery, is the DOF problem - and
it is a very real problem. But as to Tri-X and digital - as one who used
Tri-X for some 45 years, I have to say that when I look at my Tri-X images
shot at 800, and my digital black and white shot at 800, I'll take the
digital any day. It doesn't look "digital," and it has a lot better tonal
gradation than the Tri-X. But again, to each his own - if you prefer the
Tri-X, stick to the Tri-X.