Subject: [Leica] FS: Fine Prints, SL viewscreen
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Apr 20 15:02:58 2006

Don Dory <don.dory@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... does the plain matte screen have the same fabulous ability to focus
> anywhere on the screen that the regular screen has?

Not quite as fabulous.  It's more like a ground glass where the regular
screen is extremely fine microprisms.  Its primary advantage is the central
area is also like ground glass (it's really matte plastic) so it doesn't
have any microprisms or split-image thingies blacking out at small apertures.

dh