Subject: [Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Apr 20 10:14:59 2006

Wow - I'm a little dismayed by the reaction to these works.

I'm wondering, if they were posted here, if they would receive the
same reaction? Or is it the fact that they are $1900 each - that the
artist has assigned value?

It's a kind of non-representational photography and while it may not
be taken in the T with looks of longing eyes it deserves better than
what has been dished out here.

ANY work can be ridiculed for whatever reason.

The reality is that we're not looking at these prints as they were
meant to be seen - on a wall presented in some fashion suitable to the
artist's view.

I found the source of the image titles to change their meaning for me.
It's the point I was making about recontextualization in an earlier
essay.

I think I'd like to see these presented as intended. But as a grouping
I find them credible and interesting - giving a different path for
exploration.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900)