Subject: [Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900
From: i.watts at virgin.net (Ian Watts)
Date: Thu Apr 20 06:31:51 2006

> I just got an e-mail announcement from PhotoEye of these wonderful
> new prints.
> Will somebody please explain these photos to me.  $1900 each.  Don't
> stop with one.  Look at all 20.
>
> http://www.photoeye.com/gallery/forms/index.cfm?
> >image=1&id=192005&imagePosition=1&Door=2&Portfolio=Portfolio1&Gallery
> =2&Page=
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/oaj85
>
> What am I missing here?

It's very accessible and I'm sure popular with the market it's aimed
at. It's not my bag but I don't see why an artist shouldn't be able
to value his or her work at a couple of thousand dollars per limited
edition print. It's hardly unreasonable - I certainly don't see
anything to warrant all the "more money than sense" bleating going on
here. Especially from a bunch of people normally debating the merits
of 200 dollar ? la carte straps, etc.

Ian.

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900)