Subject: [Leica] Van Camper, GPS etc.
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Apr 18 22:44:39 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 9:52 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Last minute I've realized I need to do in this May Travelogue I'm all
> set to
> do.., Leica and Nikon, two GPS's. Old dog.
> In a VAN CAMPER. The term they want to get to a
> CAMPER VAN, which is a MODEL B MOTOR HOME.
> Which is a souped up van with amenities.
> Doghouse on wheels.
> A place to crash in a crisis. Shoot from. Keep gear and dog safe and
> hidden.... A home away from the home you don't got, but will get soon.
>
> If anyone on the list has miles on such issues please advise

1) Keep Leicas immediately accessible at all times
2) pack light, part 1: if you're going to use the van as a base camp
for hiking, bring no more camera equipment than you're willing to
carry, or refuse to worry about heat and/or thieves w.r.t. the
equipment left in the van.
3) pack light, part 2: the principle of entropy applies to vans more
than at home: if you don't spend time each day putting things back in
their places there will soon be no places to put any of your things;
the more stuff you bring the sooner the stuff takes over.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com