Subject: [Leica] Week 15
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Apr 18 15:09:23 2006

It is indeed - and getting smaller all the time.

BTW, I found a picture of what this corner of Covent Garden looked like
in the early 70s, the site it's from tells the story of what my brother
in law, my sister and their artist friends were doing in London at the time.
http://www.artistsineastlondon.org/image_bank/05_devonsrd/11.jpg shows
the Japanese garden and the gallery buildings in the background (before
conversion)

The most vivid memory I have of the gallery was setting up the props for
a Kipper Kids show, with an exploding pig's head and lots of itching
powder (one of the Kipper Kids, Martin von Haselberg later married Bette
Midler).
Douglas (reminiscing heavily about his mis-(well-?) spent youth)

This is about the artists/housing movement my b-in-l (Jonathan Harvey)
started
http://www.artistsineastlondon.org/05_devons/index.htm