Subject: [Leica] Hey B.D., what kind of B&W film do you like
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 07:56:39 2006

In a message dated 4/16/2006 9:45:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Grduprey@aol.com writes:

Walt,
Get yourself a roll of Kodak BW400cn and give it a try, I  think you will
like
it.  It is all I use these days for  B&W.  If properly developed it is very
good.  I say this as  the first batch I used was on my trip to Germany and
Poland, I had it  processed in Germany and it had a brown tone to it, but
later had
the  prints redone back here and they were just right like I had expected
them
to look.

Gene
======================

Several of the BW color negative films have no amber mask, thus when
printed
on color paper have a  sepia to yellow cast to the print.  If  the lab has a
proper channel for these films, they will come out nice  B&W.  If you are
printing on silver  BW paper, or from scanned  negs, you get a true BW
print.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com