Subject: [Leica] Leica sighting, or how I tripped on a rude person....
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri Apr 14 20:13:03 2006

Who's Austin? Or, which Austin? I've since deleted all the old email,
and dumped the trash, so I can't use it to refresh my memory.
I get approached all the time, with or without my credentials hanging
around my neck, so I think nothing of it.
More often than not, when a film shooter approaches me it's to mooch
a roll of film as they usually tend to underestimate usage in a high
energy event. Enough times it's been a leica shooter that's been in
need.
What weird about this, is that I carry a digital SLR and a TLR, or a
SLR, Rolleiflex. How on earth would I carry 35mm if I'm using a
Rollei. Haven't figure that one out yet. Although I've used a Leica
for these, I can count on one hand how often it's been in the past
ten years. Prior to that I used the leica regularly. Editors, at the
turn of the last century, wanted to see everything flash filled. That
dictated my dropping it for work, but keeping it for special projects.
There is another one of these marches tomorrow morning. This time in
memorial of the 14 year old who committed suicide over comments from
a school employee. We'll see how this one goes.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com