Subject: [Leica] Motion Photo
From: leica at cinemaminima.com (Austin Burbridge)
Date: Thu Apr 13 17:20:48 2006

Tina, You pictures are exemplary and beyond cavil -- but since you
asked:

Not enough motion, in my opinion.

If the point of capturing the motion is to dramatize the subject,
then it ought to be done unambiguously, so that it the dramatic
intention will be clear to the viewer, and the blur, not to be
mistaken for an artifact of the conditions and the camera.

I guess that the picture tries to express the motion without losing
the hands that moved. I recommend letting the hands get lost in a
blur. Here, paradoxically, a blur would actually clarify the action,
rather than obscuring it.

Regards,

A U S T I N ,

Austin Burbridge,

Expose for Shadows/Develop for Highlights
http://cinemaminima.com/leica

Sprezzatura http://sprezzatura.editthispage.com/

Cinema Minima http://www.cinemaminima.com/

###