Subject: [Leica] Combined use of Power Supply and Remote Control of DM-R
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Apr 13 04:55:13 2006

Nice work Fred.  And good on you for writing it up here where someone
might find it if doing a search.

I took on a little project of this kind last year, making up an infra
red trigger and remote control for my R8 system.  It's fun when it
works as you planned.

Like you I use the mirror pre-release system to minimise vibration,
but at the extreme telephoto end of things, rather than extreme macro
photography.  It's a great feature of the R8/9.

Good luck with your 'invention'.  :-)

Rick Dykstra.