Subject: [Leica] RUSSIAN KGB leica?"
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Apr 11 17:24:12 2006

Ted Grant writes in part:

> Sunday at the Vancouver camera swap meet Peter Kline pointed out the
> "Russian Leica" I had to sell was engraved with NKGB and some
> other Russian script.

Hi Ted,

It should be NKGB which is the acronym for the People's Commissariat for
State Security. Otherwise known as the Soviet Secret Police with the
responsibility for liquidating enemies of the state. Think German Gestapo
and possibly worse.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] RUSSIAN KGB leica?")