Subject: [Leica] Dad pictures
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Mon Apr 10 17:42:09 2006

Three different dads in public. I owe a debt of gratitude to Kenneth for the
first and third; I followed his advice about staying in one place until
people got used to me being there with a camera. Those 2 were in the same
location and five minutes apart.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/fountain
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/monitor
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/feeding

Tech blab: M2, 35 summicron 1st ver., neopan1600 at 800

Tornado survival tales-
Several students at my school had their homes demolished in the Friday
tornados around Nashville. The kids had left school at noon, Parent
Conference Day, so a lot of them were at home alone when the twister struck.
One boy was asleep and was wakened by a call from his Dad. He heard a noise,
went to the window, and could see the funnel 100 yards away. He made it to
the basement. Half the house destroyed, the other half was as if nothing had
happened.
A girl in my photo class, also alone, got a call from her mom. By her
account the power went off two seconds after she hung up, so she ran
straight to the closet, and the tornado struck about 2 seconds after that.
She stayed in there for twenty minutes. I asked if she was scared, she said
'I was hysterical'. How was her house? 'Everything was gone except for the
closet'.
Arche

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Dad pictures)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Dad pictures)