Subject: [Leica] Other Cool Prewar German Gear (M7 of a different sort)
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Apr 7 09:53:54 2006

Bob,

As a former saxophone player many years ago, I know that a sax is a hard
instrument to record, because the sound comes from various parts of the
instrument depending on where the notes fall in the two registers.  A mike
attached to the bell of the horn just won't do it.  If the old mike captures
the spatial output of the instrument, then it is a great choice, regardless
of its retro appearance.  Great shot.  Incidentally, the profile of the
tenor player resembles a baritone sax player I played with in college.
History repeats itself.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA