Subject: [Leica] Re: DSLR complexity
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Apr 3 15:52:34 2006

Doug has it right. I was extremely impressed with the interface design
of the DMR - it's light years ahead of the "oh, lets add another
button - wait, a button AND a menu item, nooooo a button and a dial
and a menu and a bunch of selections and then a couple of hidden, hard
to use, set up options for things you might use every day - like
mirror lock up - and then we'll have the manual translated from the
Japanese by someone in, say, China who has never actually SPOKEN
English and had it taught to them by someone who hadn't either. Then
we'll make the buttons REAL SMALL.

Leica gets MAJOR points for usability - but they got it right with the
R8 and R9 too.

It's one of the factors that gives me hope about the Digital M.

Adam