Subject: [Leica] Color Negative Films
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun Apr 2 20:19:50 2006

Peter Klein wrote:

> Recently I started using Kodak UC 400, which Yellow Father's web
> site says is the closest equivalent nowadays.  I'm exposing it at
> 250 outdoors.  I like the way my Arizona desert pictures turned
> out.  I'll have to shoot some more around here to see how it does
> with greener surroundings, but so far, I like it.

I've had good results scanning the Kodak UC 100. I've recently
switched to this from Fuji Reala.

I think that when using Photoshop and printing digitally, any subtle
differences in responses to colors can be handled by use of an
appropriate capture profile. The color differences in different films
would then show up as differences in gamut. As long as the gamut of
the film is larger than the gamut of the output medium, it should all
work out.

When printing portraits one can easily desaturate such films.

Jonathan