Subject: [Leica] Sleeves or no sleeves?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Apr 2 19:23:55 2006

At 10:12 PM 4/2/2006, you wrote:
>Do I put the prints in clear plastic sleeves or leave them nude?
>The glossy Lightjet prints scratch if you look at them cockeyed
>and are a fingerprint magnet.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Feli
\
Feli -  I've been to several portfolio review seminars.  The
"experts" all advise not using plastic sleeves.  It detracts from the
photos and looks cheap.  They advise making lots of prints and
replacing them when they get worn.  My portfolio prints are on Epson
Velvet Fine Art paper - a really, really thick paper that doesn't
scratch or show fingerprints but does get dirty.  Most people who
review portfolios know to be very careful with the prints.  I would
rather risk the slight chance of getting some damaged than detracting
from the photos by putting them behind plastic.  Just make lots of
extra prints.  If you put a really wide border on them, you can trim
the edges when they get ragged.

Just my 2 cents -  ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP