Subject: [Leica] digital ramblings
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Apr 1 18:57:57 2006

Eric,
The short answer is that you will be using Aperture priority manual focus.
The lens will stop down as you adjust the aperture so focusing becomes
problematic past F5.6 or so.  You will not capture quite a bit of EXIF
information as the lens does not talk.  The adapters are not the easiest to
put on and take off so carry at least two for using multiple lenses without
cursing; it is a fact of life that if you don't need the adapter it will
come off easily and if you need it now it will be welded to the lens.

If are using the 5D then the new 19, the 35 F1.4 in particular will not work
without hitting your mirror.  You should be fine with any of the fifties,
the 85, 90, 100 macro, any of the Telyts, and the 24mm.

If you are using the 20D or similar then I believe that the only lens that
will not work is the new 19 but I could be wrong.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com