Subject: [Leica] James Nachtwey's "Inferno"
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Mar 29 18:37:12 2006

I just received my copy of James Nachtwey's "Inferno". It isn't easy to go
through, but his images are so redoubtable, it is impossible to ignore them.
Think of it as a lesson in how to have to the stomach to take pictures of
incredible suffering. You can see why he changed his title from War
Photographer to Anti-War Photographer. It makes me ponder how this sort of
suffering can be happening while we are wasting so much money and energy on
idiotic pursuits. I recommend the book, but I doubt that it should be next
to "Martha Stewart Entertaining" on your coffee table.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] James Nachtwey's "Inferno")