Subject: [Leica] Spring flowers from a walk through the neighborhood
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 27 16:39:45 2006

Ric Carter offered:

>>> Knocked me on my butt gorgeous.<<<<
Re. Adam's first flower photograph.

> On Mar 27, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:
> <http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/03/26/_L3U9868-crp.jpg><<<

Steady Ric, yes it's an excellent picture... However!! Yeah here I go again
but look at the picture and what do you see almost as fast as you see the
main flower subject?

You obviously missed it or you'd not be on your butt! ;-) Maybe yer knees.
;-)

Upper right side, the flowers in the back ground like a vertical slice of
white!!   Cover that over with your hand or a piece of paper and "YES YOU
HAVE A NICE KNOCK YOU ON YOUR BUTT PHOTOGRAPH!"

However, as nit picking as you may feel my comment is, it's simple little
things like this that makes or breaks a smashing good picture from "A class"
to a plain old fashion "b -" or less! :-(

No argument about the flower itself, beautiful. But its that one thing along
with the "flower centered composition" that's taking points off the picture
on the whole!

Sorry I call them as I see them. Put your hand to screen and take out the
slice of white on the right and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
The flower jumps off the page smack in the face! As is,without the covered
distractions the eyes jump back and forth! They shouldn't in this case as
powerful as the flower is!

ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Spring flowers from a walk through the neighborhood)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Spring flowers from a walk through the neighborhood)