Subject: [Leica] Signs of Spring ........ and the using of film!
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Sun Mar 26 09:43:16 2006

Two loaded film, one loaded cards and one just gasped and enjoyed.

Four of us met at FOAM in Amsterdam to view the H.C.-B. exhibition,
this midday.

We arrived on time, 1100, but not all were there. Philippe and Erwin
had to cry-off at the last minute, the train timetables just wouldn't
work for Douglas to come from Hannover ............. and the other
locals ...............

The coffee shop (coffee only) was shut .............. but with
increasingly twitchy potential clients, the doors eventually
opened ................ we four collected our caffeine high, before
moving-off ........... up, and later down, the holed aluminum
staircases ............... cannot image what a peg-leg must
do ....... and then began a couple of hours of joy: viewing memorable
photos, seeing many images obviously shot with a 35mm., wondering
what the film speeds were in the '30s .............. and whether the
lenses were 3.5 or 2., no, not possible; delighting in the interest
of the ever-increasing number of other visitors, gazing spell-bound
at Monsieur's work; photos. from the then-Europe, Russia, Uncle Sam's
fair land, Mexico, India, Bali, China and .............

 From the portraits of the famous, we ventured onto the streets,
bathed in sun and shadow, the canals shimmering in the noon-day
sun ................. to recover with ............ you got it, beer!
Belgian was not available .............. didn't matter. We sat among
the populace absorbing detail ................ the pro. photographer
with his stand, chatting and marketing his Seitz panorama
images ............. the little blond of 5/6 swinging her hips to
the ............... music and puppets off the puppeteer.

Now it's stopped ................ we're back to the routine of daily
life.

So Ted, what did you find on your walk with your Leicas?

B.