Subject: [Leica] new to DMR - newbie question
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Mar 25 09:41:48 2006

on 3/25/06 9:34 AM, Adam Bridge at abridge@gmail.com wrote:

> Many cameras come with software designed for your OS to download
> images from your camera via FireWire. If you were a Mac user I'd have
> some suggestions but I think you're a Windows guy aren't you?

ADAM!!! You know exactly what computer I'm using!  I got it from you!

> I didn't know that PS Elements would handle the high-end cameras and
> downloads.

Supposedly has ACR bundled with it.  Not the best I know but I gotta start
somewhere.

> Or you can fork over $40 at Frys or Pardees or Camera Arts and buy a
> memory card reader to plug into USB2. The only readers for SD cards
> have been USB2, in my experience.
>
> I never connect the camera to the computer - I take the memory card
> out - put it into a reader - copy it to disk (it's always faster to do
> this by a factor of at least 2x) then copy THOSE files to another
> disk. Then return the card to your camera and erase or reformat the
> card.

Sounds like my best option, thanks Adam.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] new to DMR - newbie question)