Subject: [Leica] Re: new to DMR - What size cards to use
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Mar 25 09:25:44 2006

I'm not so sure this discussion is based on ANYTHING other than "gut
feelings". If we were talking about micro-drives then I'd be in
agreement. But with solid-state memory I don't see a correlation
between size and likelyhood of failure.

Especially today, from the major manufacturers, product reliability
has increased.

The major causes of memory card "failure" are from events outside the
camera having to do with software. So simply do NOT erase your memory
cards with the computer and only format them with the camera.

We're talking here about some of the more reliable technology around,
vastly more reliable than, say Cosworth or BMW engines have been this
year in F1 -- and no flames either!

But it's much more likely to misload film in an M or an R than it is
to have one of these cards fail.

Adam