Subject: [Leica] History Lesson (this is soooooo O.T.)
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu Mar 23 12:55:58 2006

This sounds like a rehash of the true origin of the English two finger
salute which is said to arise from a salute the English bowman gave
the French to show they still had their two fingers and could draw
back the bow string.

I am also reminded of a line from an English TV comedy show about life
on a daily newspaper "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good
story". In passing, the same programme will always be remembered by me
for the top less model in the newspaper which was embossed on the page
so that their blind readers could have the pleasure of running their
fingers over the curves!

Gerry