Subject: [Leica] NOLA Pontilly Neighborhood
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Mar 22 10:51:33 2006

Thanks Graham. I guess it depends on what you mean by 'right.' For
the folks in the upper and lower ninth wards. I think it will be an
uphill battle. In my personal opinion - unless the powers that be
pump huge amounts of money and technology into the area it will be a
long time before it is a healthy place to live and raise a family.
Obviously the Oil, Gas, Shipping and Tourist industries will do all
they can to keep those things going. But reports from the residents
say that the contractors are doing shoddy work and ripping them off.
FEMA trailers sit with no power or water. Some folks simply cannot
face the battle ahead. Others seem to have the tenacity to begin
rebuilding. Most don't believe or trust any of the bureaucracies
required to rebuild. This particular Neighborhood association is
ahead of the curve for actually forming a plan which may work.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Message from graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBeesPaw) ([Leica] NOLA Pontilly Neighborhood)