Subject: [Leica] WAS: enough with Olympus NOW HCB
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Mar 20 18:39:24 2006

B.D.,

Now that we are back on course and discussion  images I have a question.
Do you think the Saint-Lazare puddle jumper was a set up? Know anyone
quick enough to get a scene like that with an old 1930s Leica? If it
were a situation expected to occur then maybe but slice of life???
Another questionable image is Capa's /Loyalist Soldier /bitting the
dust. Having seen a sequence of that take I'll never believe it is real.

Would be very interested in your opinion.... Really admire HCB and Capa
and don't think these instances made them less than great. As you know,
sometimes we get carried away with enthusiasm. Can you imagine Capa
returning home from Spain  and finding fame waiting  there?  Sure, he is
going to jump in with both feet and say "hey fellas, that guy didn't
really get shot". Well, at least when we die and get to Photographer
Hell we can ask them in person.

Walt