Subject: [Leica] Latest Lympa Log - Leica and Olympus E-330
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Sun Mar 19 07:58:05 2006

I want to weigh in very briefly on the B.D./Olympus thread.

I may have been among the first luggers to follow BD to the Olympus E1 a
couple of years ago.

We corresponded at considerable length about the Oly body and lens lineup.

BD's assessment of the strengths of weaknesses of the system was utterly
professional and disinterested, so much so, in fact, that I held fire on the
E1 longer than I'd anticipated.  The availability of the 11-22/2.8-3.5
ultimately won me over, notwithstanding evident deficiencies of the E1 body.

On the other hand, I have no regrets making the purchase that I did.

I know for a fact that BD has offered similar counseling to other luggers
interested in the system over the last couple of years, as have I.

I'm perfectly comfortable with BD's position via Olympus, and I am gratified
that someone whose photographic skill I admire and whose judgment regarding
gear I trust gets to play with this stuff and report back.

Phil Asky [sic] at DPR does not, in my opinion, bring anything like BD's
balanced critique to the Olympus E system when it comes to reviewing the
equipment.

And now I'm off to make some images with my M4P and 50 'cron.

Cheers!

Chandos