Subject: [Leica] So long Rodinal. I'm going to miss you.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 15 23:55:10 2006

On 3/15/06 9:58 PM, "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@gmail.com> typed:

> Mark Rabiner likes it a lot.
>
> I've only heard good things about the film. In my particular case, I
> rarely go below ISO 400, so a 100 film just isn't in the cards. I've
> learned to appreciate a 200 film, so perhaps I am edging my way there
> :-)
>
> Daniel

ACROS is my favorite high rez film.
My low rez is DOWN 1600.
Make that Neopan 1600. Which looks Tri-X'ish to me! Or Tri's to.
Has that verisimilitude.

I go from one of those 100 rolls to the next at 1600 hardly ever using the
Neopan 400 which really is a heck of a lot sharper than the 1600 it's like
your shooting plus X. in Xtol 1:3 metal tank of course.
Although I've been shooting mainly Ilford xp2. Spy film.

But its just as well on that across I've got little faith that what's left
of Ilford can continue loosing money on Pan F. a thin but not tabgrain film
but I've loved it for years almost as much as Panatomic X. way back then.
Which I'd like to test in Beutlers. It might be noticeably higher rez than
the ACROS in Xtol 1:3. I've been saying that here about three years now.

Mork from New York

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, OR
Leaving OR May-Day for the NY, CT, RI, MA area.
Brooklyn